Bull Roast, Friday, 8 November - Purchase Your Tickets and VolunteerThe Troop 497 Bull Roast will be held Friday, November 8 from 7 PM until 11 PM. There will great food, games, fun activities, baskets to bid on, and a silent auction. This is the Troop's largest fund raiser and all proceeds go to the Troop through the Parents Club of Troop 497. We need everyone's help. We will need volunteers to sign up to help during the event. Please sign up online or at a Troop meeting. We also want every family to sell 10 tickets. If you do, we will have a very successful event. Tickets will be available at Troop Meetings following the Parents' Meeting.
You can also help with the Bull Roast by the doing the following:
- The women have a wine basket that will be available in the Harvest of Prizes. Please bring in a bottle of wine to a Troop meeting to go in that basket.
- The men have a beer basket that will also be available in the Harvest of Prizes. Please bring in a 6 pack of your favorite beer to a Troop meeting to go in that basket.
- Each patrol needs to come up with a basket for the Harvest of Prizes. Please see Mrs. Donaldson to choose your basket theme and work on it at your next Patrol meeting.
- We need donations for the Silent Auction. This is pivotal for the success of the Bull Roast. If you have access to items that can be donated, please bring them in. We will have a box in the lobby during Troop meetings. If you work for a company that can donate an item or service, please put in a request. If you frequent an establishment, please request a donation. Some ideas are:
- Restaurant gift cards
- Gift certificate for a service (lawn, tree, cleaning, pet grooming, childcare, car detailing, nail salon, etc)
- New tools
- New computer hardware / software
- Sports memorabilia
- Vacation home stays (such as a Ocean City condo for a weekend)
- New athletic equipment or clothing
- Any other item or idea you think would be of interest.
Venture Ski Trip, 24-26 January 2020, Deposit Due 14 November 2019
- Full cost of the Ski Trip ($310) must be
paid by the completion of the Troop meeting on Thursday January
16th. Please make checks out to Troop 497.
- Seniors, patrol leaders or those who have been patrol leaders and venture scouts are eligible for this trip to Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
- Cost is $310. Fee includes 2 nights lodging, 2 buffet breakfasts, dinner Saturday evening, 2 day and 1 night lift ticket. Equipment rental and lessons are extra. Seven Springs has 31 slopes and trails. Information on the Resort is available at https://www.7springs.com/
- There is a first $50 deposit due by 14 November. The first deposit holds your spot and reservations are on a first come first serve basis. Make all checks payable to Troop 497.
- Check out the photos from previous year's ski trip and read the flyer giving more information about the trip including payment details.
- Helmets will be required as per BSA guide to safe Scouting. You can rent a helmet or purchase one prior to the trip.
- Questions, call Mr. Andy Reidler at 410-916-4083 or email your questions to email@example.com.
- Check back closer to January for a permission form and equipment request form which must be returned it to Mr. Reidler.