Bull Roast, Friday, 8 November - Purchase Your Tickets and VolunteerThe Troop 497 Bull Roast will be held Friday, November 8 from 7 PM until 11 PM. There will great food, games, fun activities, baskets to bid on, and a silent auction. This is the Troop's largest fund raiser and all proceeds go to the Troop through the Parents Club of Troop 497. We need everyone's help. We will need volunteers to sign up to help during the event. Please sign up online or at a Troop meeting. We also want every family to sell 10 tickets. If you do, we will have a very successful event. Tickets will be available at Troop Meetings following the Parents' Meeting.
You can also help with the Bull Roast by the doing the following:
- The women have a wine basket that will be available in the Harvest of Prizes. Please bring in a bottle of wine to a Troop meeting to go in that basket.
- The men have a beer basket that will also be available in the Harvest of Prizes. Please bring in a 6 pack of your favorite beer to a Troop meeting to go in that basket.
- Each patrol needs to come up with a basket for the Harvest of Prizes. Please see Mrs. Donaldson to choose your basket theme and work on it at your next Patrol meeting.
- We need donations for the Silent Auction. This is pivotal for the success of the Bull Roast. If you have access to items that can be donated, please bring them in. We will have a box in the lobby during Troop meetings. If you work for a company that can donate an item or service, please put in a request. If you frequent an establishment, please request a donation. Some ideas are:
- Restaurant gift cards
- Gift certificate for a service (lawn, tree, cleaning, pet grooming, childcare, car detailing, nail salon, etc)
- New tools
- New computer hardware / software
- Sports memorabilia
- Vacation home stays (such as a Ocean City condo for a weekend)
- New athletic equipment or clothing
- Any other item or idea you think would be of interest.