Bull Roast, Friday, 9 November, 7-11:00 PM - Volunteers Needed
Location: Valley Mansion on Cranbrook Road
Event & Raffle Tickets – to be handed out at the 4 October Parents Meeting
- Tickets cost $55.00 per person or $500.00 for table of 10 if purchased by October 25th and $550 after October 25th. Each scout family will receive 10 tickets to try sell for the event. Extra tickets will be available at the Troop meetings.
- TV Raffle Tickets: Each family will receive 12 tickets to try to sell.; If you need more raffle tickets Jeff or Maria Mann will have them at the Troop meetings. Jeff or Maria will be at the Thursday Troop meetings collecting money and ticket stubs.
Donations are needed for the Silent Auction & Harvest of Prizes(raffle baskets):
- Do you own a business or know someone that owns a business?
- Maybe you have season tickets to a sporting event or entertainment activity and you cannot attend one of the games or event. You could donate the tickets for the game/event to the Bull Roast. Re-gift that unwanted item you received to the Bull Roast.
- Use of a vacation home for a weekend or week as a silent auction item.
- We will have a box for donations in the lobby outside the gym on Troop Meeting nights. A letter acknowledging you donation can be provided if requested.
Patrol Baskets: Each patrol is responsible for creating a basket. The basket is a group effort so scouts should check with their patrol leader to see what is needed for the basket.
Moms: We will be collecting bottles of wine for the Mother's basket, Wines of the World. Donations may be brought to Thursday Troop meetings and placed in the donation box in the lobby outside the gym.
Dads: We are collecting 6 packs of beer for the Dad's basket, Beers of the World. Donations may be brought to Thursday Troop meetings and placed in the donation box in the lobby outside the gym.
Volunteers: A successful Bull Roast requires lots of volunteers to plan and staff the event. Won't you volunteer some time to ensure the success of our most important fund raiser? Sign up to volunteer using our Bull Roast SignUpGenius site by clicking the link.
If you have questions or would like to help plan the event, please contact Rich Koors at email@example.com or sign up using the above link. This event is sponsored by the Parents Club of Boy Scout Troop 497.
Venture Ski Trip, 25-27 January, Deposit due 6 December
- Seniors, patrol leaders or those who have been patrol leaders and venture scouts are eligible for this trip to Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
- Cost is $295. Fee includes 2 nights lodging, 2 buffet breakfasts, dinner Saturday evening, 2 day and 1 night lift ticket. Seven Springs has 31 slopes and trails. Information on the Resort is available at www.7springs.com
- There is a first $50 deposit due by 6 December. The first deposit holds your spot and reservations are on a first come first serve basis. Make all checks payable to Troop 497.
- Check out the photos from previous year's ski trip and read the flyer giving more information about the trip including payment details.
- Questions, call Mr. Andy Reidler at 410-916-4083 or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check back closer to January for a permission form and equipment request form which must be returned it to Mr. Reidler.
2019 Summer Camp – Camp Blackhawk, Owasippe Scout Reservation, Michigan: 18 - 28 July 2019
- Summer camp for 2019 will be from the 18-28 July. We will be going
Blackhawk in Owasippe Scout Reservation, Twin Lake, Michigan
and will be in campsites are 14 and 15. You can learn more about the
camp by following the link above to Camp Blackhawk.
- Forms will be on our Information/Major Events page as they become available.